- PRODUCT FEATURES
Includes Free Helmet Storage Bag PROMO
DISCOUNTED MILITARY • LAW ENFORCEMENT • FIRST RESPONDER PRICING USE CODES: TWENDYLE (For Helmets) / TWENDYLE-A (For Accessories)
DISCOUNTED CIVILIAN PRICING USE CODE: TWENDYCIV (No Verification Needed)
NOTE: All Team Wendy Epic Helmets are made to order. Please contact us for lead time and availability at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-525-2566.
The EPIC™ Responder ballistic helmet, intended for law enforcement patrol officers, features exceptional performance and is substantially lighter than the ACH. It offers maximum adjustability and comes configured with Team Wendy's H-back retention, 8-pad Zorbium® liner system and front cover plate for face shield alignment.
The EPIC™ ballistic helmet line for law enforcement operators is a result of the innovative synergies between Avon Protection, Team Wendy, and Ceradyne. The series features lightweight high-performance material paired with Team Wendy® retention and liner systems for maximum comfort.
Designed to provide the ultimate in head protection against ballistic threats in addition to mitigating head trauma from blunt impacts, all EPIC™ helmets feature Ceradyne seamless ballistic shell technology. This leading-edge shell technology incorporates a proprietary Thermoplastic composites forming/molding process that is fine-tuned for Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene fiber composites. Thanks to its high strength and low-density combination, this fiber has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any available fiber on the market.
Ceradyne Seamless Ballistic Shell Technology
- Complete no thru-hole technology provides increased ballistic performance
- Proprietary thermoplastic composites forming/molding process
- Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene fiber composites
- High strength/low-density combination fiber offers maximum strength-to-weight ratio
- 33% lighter than Aramid material
Team Wendy 8-Pad Zorbium® Liner System
- Utilizes Team Wendy’s proven Zorbium® foam technology
- Offers leading-edge impact protection; meets ACH Gen II Blunt Impact (AR/PD 14-01)
- Designed to accommodate communication headset integration
Upgraded CAM FIT™ H-Back Retention System
- Utilizes Cam Lock sliders, allowing for one-handed adjustment and secure helmet fit
- Asymmetric design keeps buckle tucked smoothly along jaw line
- Adjustment straps and chin cup designed for close, comfortable fit to face
- Ultrasuede chin cup lining ensures maximum comfort and chafe-free wear
NIJ IIIA (NIJ STD 0106.01/0108.01)
17gr V50 ≥ 780 m/s
9mm BFD ≤ 25.4 mm
Blunt Impact Performance
Meets ACH Gen II Blunt Impact (AR/PD 14-01) and AEP 2902 Clause 126.96.36.199 Method H
*Weights (lbs) +/- 3%
|SMALL||2.54 lbs (1.15 kg)||2.11 lbs (0.96 kg)|
|MEDIUM||2.59 lbs (1.18 kg)||2.17 lbs (0.98 kg)|
|LARGE||2.85 lbs (1.29 kg)||2.42 lbs (1.10 kg)|
|XL||3.05 lbs (1.38 kg)||2.62 lbs (1.19 kg)|
Shell weight includes edge trim & paint.
Complete system weight includes helmet shell, impact liner and retention system.
|SIZE||HEAD CIRCUMFERENCE (IN)||HEAD CIRCUMFERENCE (CM)|
|SMALL||20 – 21.25||52 – 54|
|MEDIUM||21.5 – 22.5||54 – 57|
|LARGE||22.5 – 23.6||57 – 60|
|XL||23.6 – 25.2||60 – 64|
PLEASE NOTE: If you are in between sizes, we recommend going up to the larger size. You can customize the fit with the comfort pads that are included with your helmet purchase. If more pads are needed, we sell additional comfort pad sets.