- PRODUCT FEATURES
Includes Free Helmet Storage Bag PROMO
DISCOUNTED MILITARY • LAW ENFORCEMENT • FIRST RESPONDER PRICING USE CODES: TWENDYLE (For Helmets) / TWENDYLE-A (For Accessories)
DISCOUNTED CIVILIAN PRICING USE CODE: TWENDYCIV (No Verification Needed)
NOTE: All Team Wendy Epic Helmets are made to order. Please contact us for lead time and availability at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-525-2566.
The EPIC™ Protector ballistic helmet, designed with mobile field force police officers in mind, is substantially lighter than the ACH. It provides premium comfort and comes configured with Team Wendy’s CAM-FIT™ BOA Dial retention, EPIC Air® Fit liner system, new reverse dovetail accessory rails and front cover plate to ensure riot shield alignment.
The EPIC™ ballistic helmet line for law enforcement professionals is a result of the innovative synergies between Avon Protection, Team Wendy, and Ceradyne. The series features lightweight high-performance material paired with Team Wendy® retention and liner systems for maximum comfort.
Designed to provide the ultimate in head protection against ballistic threats in addition to mitigating head trauma from blunt impacts, all EPIC™ helmets feature Ceradyne seamless ballistic shell technology. This leading-edge shell technology incorporates a proprietary Thermoplastic composites forming/molding process that is fine-tuned for Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene fiber composites. Thanks to its high strength and low-density combination, this fiber has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any available fiber on the market.
EPIC™ Ballistic Range Warranty:
Team Wendy will offer a limited warranty on your ballistic helmet(s) against any defect in materials or workmanship and will repair or replace the product at no charge per the below terms. This excludes normal wear and tear and does not cover any product that has been damaged due to misuse, abuse, improper storage, or the user replacing Team Wendy accessories to non-Team Wendy accessory components.
- Ballistic package – up to ten (10) years from date of delivery
- Liner, retention, accessory rails, and shroud – up to one (1) year from date of delivery
- Exterior coating (paint) – up to one (1) year from date of delivery if the helmet has not been otherwise painted in that timeframe
Team Wendy will determine whether the helmet, to include associated components, is defective and has sole discretion to determine whether to repair or replace the helmet or associated components. Altering the helmet and associated components in any way not previously authorized by Team Wendy will lead to voiding of the warranty.
Ceradyne Seamless Ballistic Shell TechnologyComplete no thru-hole technology provides increased ballistic performance
- Proprietary thermoplastic composites forming/molding process
- High strength/low-density combination fiber offers maximum strength-to-weight ratio
- Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene fiber composites, 33% lighter than Aramid material
- No thru-hole attachment (No drilled holes through the ballistic shell for attachment)
- Integrated low profile reverse dove-tail mounting system
- Compatible with common helmet accessories and optional removable picatinny adapter
- Provides counterweight attachment options
- Accommodates optional shock cord system for increased stability of Night Vision Devices
No Thru-Hole CAM FIT™ Retention System
- BOA® fit system with micro-adjustable dial
- Utilizes Cam Lock sliders for one-handed adjustment and secure fit
- Asymmetric design keeps buckle tucked smoothly along jaw line
- Chin cup lining ensures maximum comfort and chafe-free wear
- Custom clip system attachment (no-thru holes)
EPIC Air® Fit Liner System
- Utilizes Team Wendy’s proven Zorbium® foam technology
- Proprietary water-resistant film and loop fabric covering
- Designed to accommodate communication headset integration
- Meets ACH Gen II Blunt Impact (AR/PD 14-01)
NIJ IIIA (NIJ STD 0106.01/0108.01)
17gr V50 ≥ 780 m/s
9mm BFD ≤ 25.4 mm
Blunt Impact Performance
Meets ACH Gen II Blunt Impact (AR/PD 14-01) and AEP 2902 Clause 18.104.22.168 Method
*Weights (lbs) +/- 3%
|SMALL||2.8 lbs (1.27 kg)||2.11 lbs (0.96 kg)|
|MEDIUM||2.86 lbs (1.30 kg)||2.17 lbs (0.98 kg)|
|LARGE||3.12 lbs (1.42 kg)||2.42 lbs (1.10 kg)|
|XL||3.33 lbs (1.51 kg)||2.62 lbs (1.19 kg)|
Shell weight includes edge trim & paint.
Complete system weight includes helmet shell, shroud, rails, impact liner and retention system.
|SIZE||HEAD CIRCUMFERENCE (IN)||HEAD CIRCUMFERENCE (CM)|
|SMALL||20 – 21.25||52 – 54|
|MEDIUM||21.5 – 22.5||54 – 57|
|LARGE||22.5 – 23.6||57 – 60|
|XL||23.6 – 25.2||60 – 64|
PLEASE NOTE: If you are in between sizes, we recommend going up to the larger size. You can customize the fit with the comfort pads that are included with your helmet purchase. If more pads are needed, we sell additional comfort pad sets.