If you want a plate carrier with a minimalist profile that doesn’t sacrifice real estate, the MODULAR LIGHT is what you’re looking for.
The MODULAR LIGHT is a slimmed down version of our standard MODULAR plate carrier. The MODULAR LIGHT is comfortable, well-ventilated, and lightweight plate carrier for 10”x12” hard armor plates*. Plenty of PALS webbing for attaching your MOLLE-compatible pouches, holsters, and accessories.
The MODULAR LIGHT features the same American-made, impact resistant buckles as the original, but eliminates the bulk and weight of the padding, 3D mesh, and removes the MOLLE webbing on the upper front and rear portions (both replaced with a large area of Velcro®). It is ideal for wearing over a soft armor vest.
The MODULAR LIGHT is the main component of a modular armor system consisting of a MODULAR LIGHT skeletonized cummerbund, multi-caliber Kangaroo triple mag pouch, padded side-plate pouches, and Adaptive Plate Insert. These items allow you to adapt the MODULAR LIGHT to your changing needs or mission, from a minimalist profile of just the carrier, to a full-on protective load-bearing platform.
- Durable: constructed of genuine 500D Cordura® nylon and bar-tacked at all stress points
- Comfortable: padded and removable shoulder pads, front and rear Velcro® Pontoon Pad attachments points (sold separately)
- Customizable: optional cummerbund & side-plate pockets allow for full modularity. Fits sizes M - XXL.
- Rugged: military-grade, impact resistant American-made buckles
- Features: single kangaroo pocket with Hypalon® easy-to-grip pull-tabs, front & rear Velcro® ID Panels